Pipe bursting is a trenchless method of replacing underground pipes for sewers, gas, and water. If you need new sewer lines and you don’t want to rip up your property, pipe bursting may be the way to go. Wolcott recommends pipe bursting in cases in which digging trenches could cause extensive property damage. In addition to pipe bursting, we offer pipe relining and pipe coating services to the Portland area.
Done in a Day
Pipe bursting is like sewer surgery — except that it’s relatively speedy. Exactly how long it takes depends on how much pipe we need to replace, but usually, pipe bursting is complete in a single day. We just need to dig two small holes to access your pipe and thread a cable through it. We use the cable to pull your new pipe into place, breaking (bursting) the old one apart. Then, we fill in the holes and your neighbors are none the wiser. Wolcott professionals can use pipe bursting for replacing Orangeburg, cast iron, PVC, ABS, HDPE, and concrete pipes. We can even increase the size of your pipes using this trenchless method.
Why Choose Pipe Bursting?
- We only dig two small holes and when we’re done, we fill them right back up.
- We use high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes to replace your old ones. They’re rated to last 50 years or more.
- Since pipe bursting is trenchless, it prevents damage to other utility lines around your sewer line.
- It’s cost-effective: Pipe bursting saves time and money.
Why Choose Wolcott?
- We use the latest and greatest technology in sewer restoration equipment
- Our highly trained, licensed journeyman plumbers will get to the root of your issues
- We offer a 5% discount for Military, First Responders, and Seniors (55 and older)
- We’ve been around since 1978